1887 Germantown Club opens.
1892 Nicetown Club opens as the first club to serve girls since its inception.
1896 Wissahickon Club opens as the first club to serve an African-American community.
1906 Philadelphia Clubs join 49 other organizations to charter what has become Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
1938 Northeast Frankford Club opens.
1941 Bridesburg Club opens.
1974 Wissahickon, Frankford, Bridesburg and Nicetown join to create Boys Clubs of Metropolitan Philadelphia and expand to include after-school childcare.
1981 Germantown Club joins the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Philadelphia.
1996 West Kensington, the first new club in five decades opens to serve the Latino community.
1997 Bridesburg Club builds pre-school addition, and we establish the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Philadelphia endowment.
1998 Boys & Girls Clubs serve an unprecedented 7,000 youngsters in Philadelphia and 3 million nationwide.
1999 Clubs become the Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia and host the National Keystone Conference, bringing together youth leaders from 2,000 Boys & Girls Clubs organizations throughout the country.
2001 Boys & Girls Clubs implement 21st Century technology programs.
2002 Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia hosts largest Regional Keystone Teen conference ever, with 800 attendees and our Nicetown and West Kensington Clubs receive a major grant from the City of Philadelphia to implement teen programs in their areas.
2003 Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia continues to grow, serving over 12,900 youth.
2004 Boys & Girls Clubs receive grant from the Annenberg Foundation and expand Project Learn from two to five clubs; Mariana Bracetti Charter Academy receives its unit charter; Frankford Valley Boys & Girls Club opens in August 2004 in a charter school; and Boys & Girls Clubs of America reaches 3,400 Clubs, serving 4.4 million youth.
2005 First Lady Laura Bush visits Germantown Boys & Girls Clubs for a tour and program and we open our Feltonville Club.
2006 Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia now serves over 13,800 children and youth as Boys & Girls Clubs of America Celebrates its Centennial.
2007 Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia closes Frankford Valley Unit, opens Wilson Park and Fairmount Units and renames Feltonville Unit to honor Police Office Lauretha Vaird.